Fork in the Road

As we are nearing the end of yet another school year, I'm facing the reality that next year, both of the mini heathens will be school children. For the past 7 years of my life, I have been a full time, around the clock, do it all Mom. The reality that in just a few short months, that roll will be diminished some and then diminished even more after that is coming more and more to light. It feels like I'm being phased out of my current position. For some reason, to me, this whole "mommy gig" seems like it ends once the kids reach school age. The problem is, I don't know if I want to go out and "find a job". I'm picky. I spent the last 7 years living my life for my kids, I just can't see changing the course now. They still need me. Maybe not as much, but they still need me. And, I need them. But, I need something for me too.

So, I consulted the cards. I first asked what area would bring me the most satisfaction and prosperity. The cards response was the King of Wands - Planning, constructing, developing, real estate, or any area where leadership qualities are desired, because he/she can work alone. Interesting, right. Something I can do alone. Something where I am the boss. Well, duh. I've been dreaming about that for years. I just haven't yet found a way to get that idea out of my head and put into practice. But, this answer wasn't quite enough for me, so I asked "What area will I specialize in?" And, I drew the Queen of Wands (even more interesting, right) - Actor, entertainer, creator, artist, musician, fashion figure, confidant, professional sports, and any type of vocation where he/she can be number one. Ok, so actor and musician are out. I never learned to play an instrument, I live in Ohio, and well, I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Professional sports...ummm, nope. "Any type of vocation where she can be number one", hmmm, now that's interesting. Authors tend to work alone. It's been my dream since middle school to become an author. But, then again, the cards don't say author. They do, however, say creator. I've dabbled with an etsy shop, but that's never went anywhere. I don't think my 'artistic' creations are worth very much, so I just can't see how to make a living with that.

I think I need some more clarification....It would be ever so helpful if someone could come and hand my a card with my vocational path...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What exactly can you do with THAT degree

Finding myself

Not good enough