Flash Fiction

So, I've been participating in some Flash Fiction (stories less than 300 words) contests on writing.com. I thought it would be fun to share them here. I know that I get asked quite a bit about what I'm writing. So, here you go...

Yesterday's story prompt: Write a story that includes the phrase "What's the worst that could happen?" 

The Wedding Crashers

“Come on!” Stacy chided. “What’s the worst that could happen?” She shrugged her shoulders, a classic Stacy move, and pushed the door open.

“What’s the worst that could happen?” Tracy retorted. “Really? Have we met? I could give you about a hundred different scenarios all going from bad to worse to worst!”

“Oh Tracy, you worry too much! Relax and have fun. Besides, Jacob will be there.” Stacy smiled at the slight blush that crept up Tracey’s neck and rested on her cheeks. Stacy didn’t dare confess that she’d been sleeping with Jacob since she discovered her sister had a crush on him. She also didn't mention that Jacob couldn't tell the girls apart. Guilt tinged the edge of Stacy’s subconscious and she vowed that starting tonight, she’d be a better sister.

The girls walked through a set of double doors into a large room decorated with elegant flowers and tulle. The bride and groom danced in the middle of the large crowd of people. Everything sparkled, including the guests. Too bad the girls didn't know any of them.

“Oh, I just love the first dance.” Stacy crooned.

“It’s sweet, but can we go now?” Anxiety sat on Tracy’s stomach like soured milk.

“Not yet. Look, there’s Jacob.” Stacy waved and a tall, gorgeous man walked over from the perimeter of the crowd. Tracy’s knees threatened to give as he came closer.

“I just love weddings!” He said, grabbed Tracy by the waist and kissed her hard. Shock followed by excitement coursed through her body.

‘Kiss me like that and you can take me to all of them in the area!’ she thought.

“Last night was amazing!” He whispered.

Stacy’s smile dropped with her jaw as her sister glared. Yep, this was the worst that could happen.

297 Words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What exactly can you do with THAT degree

Finding myself

Not good enough